Welcome to stay at Helsinki Homes apartments. Please read the following terms and conditions:
- Contractual parties
Accommodation service provider: Kotimaailma Helsinki / Home@work Oy, Business ID: 2932754-1,, hereinafter referred to as “Helsinki Homes”.
Customer: A natural person who makes a reservation and redeems keys to a Helsinki Homes apartment, a natural person who is part of his or her scope of interest or otherwise appointed by him or her who shall stay at the Helsinki Homes apartment, hereinafter referred to as “Customer”.
The terms of the Contract shall also apply to persons who visit the Helsinki Homes apartment with the Customer’s consent. The Customer is responsible for these persons complying with the contractual obligations and also that the persons are aware of these terms and conditions.
- Accommodation property
The Helsinki Homes apartment, which is the subject of the reservation and has been identified on the booking page, hereinafter referred to as “Apartment”.
- Conclusion and validity of the contract
A binding contract between Helsinki Homes and the Customer arises when the Customer pays and makes an approved booking for a Helsinki Homes apartment. By making a reservation the Customer accepts the content and the terms and conditions of this Contract. The Contract ends when all the contractual obligations have been completed and the apartment’s keys have been returned.
- Handing over of keys
Keys are handed over on the check-in date after 4.00 pm. The keys are handed over with the presentation of an individual booking confirmation and identification document.
Check-in takes place on the arrival date after 4.00 pm.
Check-out takes place on the departure date before 12.00 pm. A later check-out time must be agreed separately. The keys can be left in the apartment unless otherwise agreed.
Booking is paid in full in advance at the time of booking. The payment is carried out through a company operating as the payment agent.
- Cancellation policy
Payment for a cancelled booking is non-refundable, unless otherwise agreed upon when booking.
- Accommodation rules
- Smoking is not allowed in the apartments, on balconies or in the stairwell. Helsinki Homes has the right to charge the Customer a 500€ cleaning fee for smoking.
- The Customer must take care of the apartment and its contents carefully and use the apartment and contents only for their intended normal use. The Customer has the responsibility to ensure that the apartment and the common areas are kept in good condition.
- The apartment can not accommodate more people than the number of bed spaces.
- The Customer must take rubbish out to the appropriate waste containers. No objects or debris which could clog them may be put in the toilet or the drains.
- No objects can be hung or thrown from the balcony or the windows.
- No disturbance to other residents may be caused in the apartments and common areas. During quiet times between 10.00 pm – 8.00 am silence must be observed.
- Doors and windows of the apartments must be kept locked at all times when the Customer is not present and in connection with checking out. Lights and water taps should be off at all times when leaving the apartment.
- The Customer may not provide the apartment for use of another person without a separate contract with Helsinki Homes.
- The Customer has the immediate obligation to notify Helsinki Homes if the apartment is damaged (even if the Customer is not responsible for such damage). A Customer who neglects their obligation to notify, shall be liable for damages caused by negligence.
- Helsinki Homes or an authorised third party has the right to visit the apartment for maintenance or inspection without delay.
- Apartment keys may not be given to third parties.
- No modification work may be carried out in the apartment.
- Pets are not allowed in the apartments without a separate contract.
- When staying at the apartment, the Customer agrees to abide by the terms of this Contract, apartment building rules, and official regulations.
- Customer relocation
Unless Helsinki Homes is exceptionally unable to provide the Customer’s accommodation in the reserved apartment, Helsinki Homes has the right to accommodate the Customer in corresponding accommodation at no extra charge to the Customer.
- Personal belongings left at the apartment
Please make sure you take all your personal belongings with you. Helsinki Homes is not responsible for any items left in the apartment. In connection with cleaning the apartment, we deliver all forgotten items (excl. food and other perishable materials, which we destroy in connection with cleaning) to the nearest lost and found office, whence they can be picked up during business hours.
- Limitation of liability
Helsinki Homes is not responsible for any cancellation or interruption of a booking due to force majeure. Helsinki Homes is not responsible for indirect costs incurred by the Customer due to the cancellation or interruption of accommodation or for any other reasons.
- Customer’s liability
The customer is obliged to pay Helsinki Homes in full for any damage, injury or interference, which the Customer or a person in the apartment with the Customer’s permission, causes by violating the terms of this Contract, intentionally or negligently, caused to Helsinki Homes or a third party.
Lost contents and additional cleaning caused by other than normal wear and tear or soiling must be fully reimbursed.
The Customer is obliged to pay a 300-euro compensation for the loss of the apartment’s key. We charge a fee of 50 euros for each day late in returning the keys.
- Dissolution of the contract
Helsinki Homes has the right to immediately terminate the accommodation contract if the terms of this Contract are violated. Helsinki Homes has the right to charge the Customer for any costs arising from the breach of this Contract.
- Applicable law
Disputes are governed by Finnish law. This contract covers an agreement for the sale of accommodation services, which is not subject to the Act on Residential Leases.